Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long Overdue

So I realize that it has been forever since I have posted. We have been very busy over the past month and I just got behind. Over the past month we have spent a lot of time playing with friends. (My favorite way to pass the time). So here are a bunch of pictures from our many get togethers.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


We took a trip to the beach. Gavin loved playing in the waves.

 
Posted by Picasa


David and I went to Las Vegas for our 5 year anniversary. We had a great time. It's always nice to get away from the world for a few days. My family was nice enough to watch Gavin. While we were walking the strip we stopped in Cesars Palace and stumbled into an underground tour of one of their shows and aquarium. It was free and really cool to see how Vegas makes it all work. We also got a chance to see the Las Vegas temple.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


After we got home from Vegas we had one day to recover then David and Gavin went camping with his dad and brother in law. They went to Convict Lake, which is up by Mammoth, to go fishing. From what I hear, they had a great time. Gavin caught 2 fish, which he was really proud of. They also had a run in with a bear. It snuck up behind them and got into their packs while they were fishing. They froze. David was so close that if he would have stuck out his hand he could have touched it. After chasing it away, it came back thru their campsite that night. As a mother you never want to hear that your kid and husband were almost attacked by a bear. I would be better off not knowing stories like this.

 
Posted by Picasa


While David and Gavin were fending off bears I decided to drive out to Arizona to visit my friend. It's rare that I get 3 days alone. I figured an opportunity like that doesn't come along very often, so I should take advantage. I have been wanting to go visit since she moved out there a few years ago. We had a great time, but I have to admit it was a little weird to be without a child or a husband. Like they say - absence makes the heart grow fonder.

4 comments:

karin said...

I can't see any pictures, is it just me?

Marc and Shay said...

I can see them, they are all so cute! It does make me excited for when we come back to play. My kids will love it, so hopefully sooner than later.

Unknown said...

So cute. He's so big. When can we see you? :) Thanks for letting me know about the blog.

Unknown said...

I love all the pics. You've had a great summer it looks like.s