Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Potty Time!

So I am pleased to announce that after six long months of trying to potty train Gavin, we have finally succeeded! This has been, hands down, the most challenging task ever! I was just about to give up all hope when Gavin gave me a good idea. On Sunday he over heard us talking about the annual camping trip we go on with Dave's family and he said that he wanted to go fishing. So Monday morning I told him that if wore his 'big boy underpants' all week and kept them dry, Daddy would take him fishing on Saturday. He thought that was a great idea and was so excited. He stayed dry all week and tomorrow they are going to Irvine Lake for some fishing and 'male bonding.' Woohoo!

2 comments:

karin said...

Congratulations! Potty Training is the hardest thing I have had to do as a mom and Big A trained himself. I need something like that for Lil A- maybe in a few months I will be able to come up with something almost as good as a fishing trip (and alone time for you is nice too).

Abby said...

That is awesome!! And you even scored a mommy break!!
I agree with it being the hardest thing I do not even want to begin. So we will see how long it takes Noah.